top of page
  • Writer's pictureThe Good Company People

How to claim a 25% Council Tax Reduction

Updated: 6 days ago

What is this and how can it help me?

If you care for someone who is living with dementia and you receive an attendance allowance you can apply for a Council Tax discount of 25%. 

As it explains on Wealden District Council website the person with dementia will be ignored or ‘disregarded’ and they won’t take the person into account when calculating the bill.

How much does it cost?

It's free

How do I get it?

Simply print out this form (or call Wealden District Council on 01323 443322 for a copy if you do not have access to a printer)

You will need to fill in:

  • Your address

  • Your Council Tax reference number (top right of your bill)

  • Name of the person on the Council Tax bill and name of person living with dementia 

  • List the names of people over 18 living in your household

  • You need to tick which benefit you receive (Attendance Allowance) and the date the benefit started being paid.

  • Sign and print your name

  • Take the form to your Doctor who will confirm the dementia diagnosis (for ease, keep a record of the date of the diagnosis)

  • Post form to: Local Taxation, Wealden District Council Council Offices, Vicarage Lane, Hailsham, BN27 2AX.  

The discount will usually start from the day they receive your claim or the date that you first contact the Council to say you want to claim.

30 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page